Wednesday, January 28, 2015

There Are Places I Remember...





...All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better.
And some have gone, and some remain.





I don't wear pink.  Like ever.  Ok, maybe almost never but it's such a rarity that my friends pass around candid pics they've taken and giggle about them and, once or twice, have threatened blackmail.  In my family there were very clearly defined gender roles and I was constantly being told to act like a "lady" or dress like a "lady" and stop doing all the things that "only boys" do.  So in an effort to make me into this "lady" the parents bought me a lot of pink in my younger days.  A lot of pink.  Sadly, when I was born they were really hoping for a "girl".  Anyway, pink came to represent the whole "act like a lady" thing that I felt had been forced upon me.  Even now I still rebel against it.  Why am I telling you this?  Because check out this dress!  It's pink!  And I LOVE IT!!!  I wanted to give you a bit of background so you could see how big of a deal that really is.  I love this dress!  I just couldn't get my hands on this beauty fast enough so I could go out into the grid and try to take some pics that do this bit of loveliness justice.  

This dress is from Dead Dollz and is called Shinobi.  It's a pink/white version of the gown designed for Miss Virtual Japan 2015.  Stunning in it's simplicity the dress hugs you in all the right places with an alluring sheer bust and open leg.  The pink and white Obi naturally draw attention to the waist with a fun little offset pink bow for just the right amount of sass.  It's available right now at the Sneak Peek event and this is truly something you don't want to miss!





Dark Passions - Koffin Nails Frosted Fantasy Nail HUD


*Clothing*

.::Dead Dollz::. Shinobi White/Pink (available at Sneak Peek)
!dM Amidala HairSticks Dragonfly
KOtic Spring Rings
[CX] Grungy Geta Shoes
Lazuri Perllina Earrings


*Body*

[Mystic Canvass] Dedra Peachy With Appliers
VerseEye Tenor Grey - Blue
Dark Passions - Koffin Nails Frosted Fantasy
+elua+ Ursula Black
.Shi: Messy Fringe (gift from Hairfair 2014, may no longer be available)
{MUA} MakeUp Set Kattaca


*Poses*

PosESion Imagine 2
PosESion Geisha 7
PosESion Imagine 8


*Location*

All pics taken in the Blue Lotus Okiya sim.



*Title lyrics taken from "In My Life" by Bette Midler

No comments:

Post a Comment