Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I'm Not Afraid, To Take A Stand...

...Everybody
Come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that you're not alone
Holler if you feel like you've been down the same road.


I have two things to tell you about in today's post.  First up is that tomorrow is Pink Shirt Day...a campaign to bring awareness and to help stop bullying.  We've all been victims of bullying at some point in our lives; as kids in school, at home, on the internet...it can happen anywhere.  As a small kid I remember being bullied in my first school by a number of people and I actually bullied one girl myself.  It's a strange dynamic, those that bullied me clearly felt they were somehow better and had a right to do it and I, in turn, did the same and bullied someone I saw as less than me. 

The behavior isn't limited to children of course, it still goes on as adults...the shaming, physical attacks,  or even the mental harassment people engage in over the internet...it can honestly happen to anyone.  I know it's happened to me. 

In a strange turn of events...that girl, the one I picked on, has become a friend of mine.  I asked for forgiveness and she got past it and forgave me for the horrific teasing I tossed her way.  I have no idea how she did it as I've never forgiven those that used to beat me up.  Somehow that girl, who was at the bottom of the bullying chain and was bullied by those of us who were bullied by others, managed to be the strongest of them all. She is awe inspiring to me.

So, ::PM:: is offering up a shirt for Pink Shirt Day, it's a 10L donation or you can pay more if you like!  If you'd like to make a direct donation you can do that here.

Ok, so the second thing I have to tell you about is a new product released by ZerO...a lovely Legging/Platform shoe combo.  They are HUD controlled, come in 5 tones and 3 different wool weaves giving you 15 different possible looks!  The textures are exclusive to ZerO Clothier and are just fabulous!  I've had them on with skirts, dresses, shorts, you name it...they go with everything and the texturing of the wool is just completely sublime!  ZerO never dissapoints!







*Clothing*
ZerO Lolita Leggins + Platforms (HUD controlled, 15 total options)
::PM:: Pink Shirt Day Shirt (available for a 10L donation but more is always appreciated)
Redgrave Mesh Jeans-Hotpants

*Body*
Mystic Canvass Angie Peachy Skin A-cup (comes with all the appliers!)
Mystic Canvass Cyber Liner Thick Bronze Shadow
Little BonesBlack Mirror Hair Soil/Moth (from an in-store gacha)
Eclipse Art Studio Tattoo My Dreams Flower

*Poses*
Mad Girl Ninjas' Designs Please See Me
Mad Girl Ninjas' Designs I'm Right Here
Mad Girl Ninjas' Designs Father Forgive Me
Morphine Insane Reason 1.5

*Location*

*Title Lyrics taken from "Not Afraid" by Eminem

No comments:

Post a Comment